- We generally connect with either Skype or Google Hangouts on Air.
- You can get Skype from www.skype.com. My Skype ID is betchaboy.
- Hangouts on Air comes free with every Google (Gmail) account.
- To record a good quality audio stream, it helps to have a reasonable broadband connection.
- If you are able to limit the amount of other data across your connection just while we are recording, you'll get the best possible audio. (ie, turning off big data suckers like Torrent files, system updates, video downloads, etc just for the duration of the call really helps)
- You will get much better call quality if you use a headset or desk microphone, if you have one.
- Please use headphones (even just iPod-style earphones) to minimise echo and feedback during the call.
- If you are taking part in a Hangout on Air, please ensure your video is reasonably well lit and the camera is aiming at your face.
- A Google Doc page will be available prior to the event where you can add suggestions, questions and ideas for our discussion.
- The general format for the show is very casual, and generally just revolves around the interests and passions of the guests. Feel free to take the conversation in whatever direction you think appropriate.
- Each episode aims to be around 45 mins to an hour long. I will try to wind it up as we get close to the end.
Hope that helps set the stage a little in preparation for our recording.
Thanks again for being a guest on the podcast. Your time and expertise is appreciated and I look forward to chatting with you.