As more and more teachers start to understand the role that technology plays as a core component of a 21st century curriculum, the need grows for teachers to learn about how to best integrate the use of new technologies in their classrooms. Recognising this, many schools are now employing ICT savvy teachers as technology integration specialists whose role is to work with classroom teachers and show them what’s available, teach them how to use it, and help them make it work effectively with their students.
Kim Cofino from Thailand and Susan Sedro from Singapore are two such teachers. In their jobs they get to work with other teachers at their schools and assist them to successfully integrate technology in authentic and meaningful ways. Both American educators, they work at large international schools in Asia where technology integration is taken seriously and done well, and in this podcast we get to hear some of the success stories and wise advice that Kim and Susan have learned as they fulfill their demanding roles.
Links for this episode…
- About CST10 - Mandatory technology skills from the NSW Board of Studies
- Possible Interview Questions for Teachers - from Jeff Utecht’s blog
- Work with the Willing - Post from Kim’s blog
- The Perfect Match - Another post from Kim’s blog
- Projects at ISB - And you thought YOU were busy!
- Always Learning - Kim’s Blog
- Adventures in Education - Susan’s Blog